Suffolk Superior Court Judge Assignments In Massachusetts
The BLS judges submit all of their written decisions for electronic access through the Social Law Library, which may be accessed on Social Law’s Substantive Law Database, and to Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. Some decisions are also available on Westlaw, LexisNexis, Fastcase, and through the Massachusetts Law Reporter.
- Judges Kaplan (January–June) and Leibensperger (July–December) sit in BLS1.
- Judges Salinger (January–June) and Sanders (July–December) sit in BLS2.
- Judge Sanders serves as the BLS Administrative Justice.
Judges, at their discretion, may retain jurisdiction over a BLS case when assigned to a non-BLS session.
Previous BLS Judges include:
- Current Superior Court Justices Thomas P. Billings, Peter M. Lauriat, Christine M. Roach, and Chief Justice Judith Fabricant
- Retired Superior Court Justices E. Susan Garsh, Margaret R. Hinkle, Stephen E. Neel, and Allan van Gestel
- Retired Associate Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court Margot Botsford
- Current Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court Ralph D. Gants
Former Chief Justices of the Superior Court Suzanne V. DelVecchio and Barbara J. Rouse were instrumental in creating and overseeing the BLS.
OverviewThis court serves Boston, Winthrop, Chelsea, and Revere.
Monday - Friday:
8:30 am-4:30 pm
There are privately operated parking garages located near the courthouse.
For public transportation information to the courthouse, visit the MBTA website or call (800) 392-6100.
If you received documents from the Courts or a third party, please check the documents to find that office or department. Otherwise, contact one of the ADA Coordinators below.
For assistance, please contact the Office of Jury Commissioner at 1-800-THE-JURY (843-5879) or JurorHelp@jud.state.ma.us
No cell phones, or other electronic devices, including:
- Laptop or notebook computers
- Computer tablets
- Bluetooth and other similar devices
(Exceptions: Employees, Police, Attorneys, and Jurors)
Read the Trial Court policy on using cameras and electronic devices.
Michael Joseph Donovan, Clerk for Civil Business
Maura A. Hennigan, Clerk for Criminal Business
Erie Cabral Contreras, Chief Probation Officer